August happenings and May Gibbs Fellowship!

Monday 21 August 2017


It's been an icy August this year in Canberra, but lots of toasty things happening to warm things up.

Some super special news is that I've received a May Gibbs Fellowship for 2018. Head still spinning from this one! and I'm so incredibly grateful. I'll be spending a month in Adelaide later next year (2018), working on some secret squirrel business (gotta love secret squirrel business). It's particularly special because May Gibbs is close to my heart. Thank you, May Gibbs Children's Literature Trust!

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TaniaMcCartneyIllos

In the spirit of Things All Happening At Once, I've opened an etsy shop! I'll be printing some of my artwork locally, along with a selection of pages from Australia Illustrated. All prints will be A4, on beautiful archival paper, and can be posted anywhere in Australia. I'll be adding to my store over time. Click the image above to visit!



My very first greeting cards (with Nuovo Group) have arrived (above). I squealed a bit when I saw them--how gorgeous do they look? Huge thanks to Cristina and Fil. They'll be available Australia-wide and it's going to be quite surreal seeing them in stores.

I have a comp running until 3 September if you'd like to win one of two sets (below). Click here to enter.



The Children's Book Council of Australia's Book of the Year Awards were announced on Friday. I went to the National Library for the announcement, then sat for a book signing with friends Pauline Deeves, Cate Whittle and Stephanie Owner Reeder (below). We're always laughing; it's such a good thing.

HUGE congrats to the winners, honour books and shortlistees, most especially our own NLA buddy Gina Newton, for her win in the Eve Pownall with her book Amazing Animals of Australia's National Parks.

You can see all the results on the CBCA website here.


Another something HUGE... I've signed with HarperCollins for a picture book that's dear to my heart. Dream publisher, dream book. Can't wait to share more about it, as it's been such a long journey, this one. I'll soon be busy finalising text and illustrating, as the book is out December 2018, and I hope to launch in Adelaide during my May Gibbs Fellowship.


Yet another something huge--the installation of some ceiling lights from IKEA that I've been lusting after forever. It really is the simplest things that make us so happy, non?

Book Week is upon us and I hope you're doing something wonderful. The theme this year is Escape to Everywhere, and you can learn more about it and purchase Book Week merch right here. I mean, who wouldn't want to plaster their walls with this incredible artwork by Freya Blackwood?


Have a fabulous, bookish rest-of-August, whatever you're up to.

Tx

Oooh--and PS: here is the launch poster for Merry Everything! If you're in Melbourne late September, I'd love to see you there! Click on the poster to RSVP.

https://www.littlebookroom.com.au/pages/724-EVENTS



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...